Thursday, July 24, 2014

Take Two Thursday: July SC Card Kit

Hello, hello!


Today I bring you another Take Two Thursday post, where Katie and I take on a stamp set (or in this case, kit) and make schtuff!  This time we chose the July Studio Calico Kit, Penny Arcade.  So, I started a card, and hated it...then made another, and love it.  Funny how that works.  I will show both, because, hey, I am all about transparency.


This is the second card, the one I really like!  I took a Peacock Feathers Distress marker, and using the Tim Holtz spritzer tool, applied ink to the top and bottom corners of a white card base.  I stamped the cute cloud image in Bubblegum ink from Hero Arts, as well as the small cloud.


I took a piece of vellum, and heat embossed my sentiment in gold, and stitched it onto the side of the card.  A piece of patterned paper from the kit was adhered to the opposite side, and then a few wooden stars were placed here and there.

I took the fabulous yellow striped paper, and heat embossed the circles onto it with white embossing powder.  I also used the die to create a little banner window for the sentiment.  I stamped the banners in fun colors, cut them out and popped them up onto the top of the card.


I then added some of the wood stars to finish it.  So, there you have it...two cards from the latest Studio Calico kit.  Hop on over to see what Katie did with it, as I am sure it is clever and adorable!

Have a good one!





3 comments:

  1. I think these are both fun & colorful. Like what you did with the banner die cut. I guess I better get my kit out & get to work. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these are fabulous Lindsay! I love how you used so many elements from the kit. I really need to get better at that! Love how you stamped on the patterned paper- swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PINK cloud? sigh. ♡

    Both cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS