Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Magnolia Congratulations and Questions!

Hello!

Five days, has it really been that long?  I know you likely don't care to hear more about the busyness, and hey, neither do I!  So, how's bout a card instead?  I knew you'd approve!  Seriously though, when I have been at my table, I have been trying out some fun things I have seen at the latest Online Card Class, Clean and Simple Card Making 2.  I love these classes...even though I have been making cards for years, there is always something to learn.

The card I am sharing today uses a fun background stamp, perfect for Day 1 & 2 of class.  Let's take a looksie.


So, I got the Herbs & Honey Tile background stamp recently, and inked it up with Versamark, heat embossing it in Hero Arts White powder onto watercolor paper.  I then took a fun collection of Distress Markers, and colored in some of the open areas of the image.  Taking a wet brush, I swiped it across to make the colors bleed, and got a really pale, pastel look.





I then cut it up, adhered it with foam to my white card base, and added a stamped sentiment from the Magnolias For Her set from Altenew.  Oh, I should have gotten this set long ago, it's a fav!  I then white heat embossed the flowers, and inked those with Distress inks and a Mini Ink Blending tool, cut them out and adhered them to the card front.  I also added the sentiment from the same stamp set.


Love that background!  I urge you to give it a try!  Okay, so I have to ask, and I would LOVE your feedback, so please, pretty please, tell me what you think.

What brings you to this blog?  Is it mainly the projects?  My witty prose?  HAHA, just kidding...seriously, though.  What keeps you visiting, I would love to know.

Second, what would you like to see me do or share on this blog?  More tutorials?  If so, in picture form, or do you prefer videos?

And, lastly, what could I change, that would make you enjoy your time here a little more?  Is it boring, are the projects meh?  Lay it out there, I am so ready to hear, and change it up! 

Thank you, as always for stopping, I know I say it every post, but I truly mean it.  Life is busy and I am so happy that you chose to stop here in your busy day.  Okay, that is all for me today!

Have a great one,







7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay,
    This is a beautiful piece. I really dig the colors for summertime, and the technique you used was unique. I follow you regularly and I love the style that you post in - your voice and tutorials (with photos!) are great! Videos are a nice change of pace, too. A good variety keeps me coming back! :)
    If you want to check out my blog, too, here is my link: http://rachaelshandmadedesigns.blogspot.com
    I'd appreciate your comments and love on my items! :D
    Cheers, and thanks for your great posts! They keep me entertained! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I just love pretty cards and there are a lot of them here. I do like seeing step out photos for things that aren't intuitive and in terms of what to show, I think you are doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I think you are doing a great job especially with two young children to take care of. I like the photo tutorials like the one you did today. I'm a pretty recent follower of your blog, but have enjoyed your content. You are very talented & I appreciate you sharing that with us. It's always fun to hear a little personal side of bloggers without revealing too much of your private life. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card you created - the colors are somehow soft, yet vibrant! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the colors and your emboss resist and how you popped up the panel.....BOMB.COM! Why do I come here? Um cuz you're just freakin' cool & I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first visit to your blog and it's amazing! I love EVERY post! You now have an avid pinner/follower of your blog ^_^

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS