Tuesday, August 19, 2014

RIC #66

It's Runway Inspired time again, my friends!

These weeks just zoom by don't they?  Our inspiration pic this time around is super cool, bold and fun!




I saw a couple of different ways to go with it, so I created two cards to share.  One is indirect, and the other a more literal interpretation.


On this one, I was inspired by the woodgrain, and the flowers on her dress.  So, I stamped Lawn Fawn's Woodgrain Backdrops in Soft Brown ink from Hero Arts, and trimmed the panel apart.  After I stamped the sentiment from the Sentiments and Quotes set from Altenew, I then popped up the middle portion back into the space using with foam adhesive.


I took the Magnolias For Her set, also from Altenew, and white heat embossed the flowers onto vellum, trimmed them out, and adhered them to the card front.  I finished it off with some Pretty Pink Post Clear Sequins.


For this next card, I went with the colors from the photo, as well as the flower and woodgrain elements.  First, I applied my Distress Ink colors (Festive Berries, Spun Sugar, and Picked Raspberry) over my heat embossed flowers.  Like before, I cut them out and then set them aside.


For the white panel, I wanted my sentiment to be glossy, embossed, but I didn't have blue powder, so I stamped it first with Navy Ink and then again with Versamark, heat embossing it with Hero Arts Clear powder to set.  I then adhered a piece of wood paper, along with my panel and flowers to a blue Bazzill Cardshoppe cardbase.

So, care to give it a go?  I can't wait to see what you all come up with!



1 comment:

  1. I think your first card is very lovely: its elegant and peaceful. I really like how you popped up the panel with the sentiment. I found your card through googlesearch when I looked up what people have done with Altenew's Magnolias. May I try something similar to your card?

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS