Friday, January 9, 2015

When One Door Closes...

...another opens, or so they say.  The i {heart} papers store is closing.  The news is on the blog this morning.  When Kate broke the news, I have to admit, I was shocked.  Then of course I was sad, mad, and feeling hopeless.  I have loved, and I sincerely mean that, loved my time with them.  I remember the very first time I bought something so long ago, and it was on my doorstep in two days.  No joke, no one can beat their shipping times.  So, in order to clear off the shelves, everything is on sale, just plug in the code for storewide savings of 30% off, and you're good to go.


I will, of course, be sharing products from the store until it is officially closed, so today I have a card that uses a pretty Winnie and Walter stamp set, as always, click on the links to go directly to the product.


I started with an embossing folder, and did a section of the Kraft card base.  I then took a white panel, and did a bit of masking with the roses from The Big, the Bold and Extras by Winnie and Walter.  



I colored the roses with Copic markers, using R35, RV29, R39, and E19.  As well as G20, G24, and G28.  I love this red color combination, so rich!
                                

I finished it with a few rhinestones, and of course the sentiment, which was stamped in black ink.

Be sure to check out the store and pick up anything you want now, as I am sure things will go fast.  Thanks for stopping by today, and here's to new doors opening!


5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, Lindsay. But there's a reason for everything, and I'm sure something new will reveal itself to you real soon. Love your pretty card today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear they are closing, I can't imagine how hard it is for you. This card is really beautiful, your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about the store, Lindsay. My Craft Spot was one of the first places I got stamps and they just closed their doors. I must say your copic coloring is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kate sorry see IHP close but happy for her in her new endeavors. I love this gorgeous card Lindsay. The flowers pop and I love your textured bg.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS