Wednesday, April 1, 2015

AEIHeartU Challenge: Watercoloring

Hey all!


How goes it?  Great I hope!

I have a couple of cards, that will hopefully inspire you to play along with the latest AEIHeartU Challenge: Watercoloring!  We all know how I feel about that, lol!  I did two cards because I didn't want to stop, check them out.


I used the fabulous Get Well set, as well as Handwritten Notes.  I dry embossed a diagonal design onto the base of the card front, and added a strip of cardstock, inked with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.  To create the bouquet, I gold heat embossed my image onto Tim Holtz Watercolor paper.  I added my distress Inks to my craft mat, and painted the flowers, leaves, and wrap.


I cut out the bouquet, and popped it up with foam.  I then heat embossed the sentiment from Handwritten Notes in gold powder onto vellum, and attached it under the flower bunch.

How about another?  Alright!


I took a piece of water color paper and stamped the bouquet image so that just the floral part transferred.  I painted them ink with Distress Inks, and added a light blue wash just above the flowers.


I adhered my panel to some Avery Elle patterned papers, and adhered it to a Kraft card base.  To finish it, I added a few yellow enamel dots.

I hope these inspired you to play along with us.  There is always a great prize up for grabs to the lucky winner!  Thanks for joining me today.  Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the dry embossing on the bottom of the first one and that gold embossing/watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Gold embossing is such a fabulous idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! Your watercolor is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fabulous love it all of it

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS