Saturday, July 11, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #16

Hi everyone!

Do you find summer slipping through your fingers? I sure do, and I want it to slow down! I found a little time to get crafty, for this month's Virginia's View Challenge, 100% stamped! This challenge theme is right up my alley! I have been drooling over the latest patterned paper pads out there, and then realize, I don't use them. At. All.


Most of the card is stamped, except for the watercolor background, let's take a look.


I began with a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock, and did the smooshing technique using Cracked Pistachio. If you aren't familiar with this technique, I did a video showing how to, here.

While I let that dry, I stamped, and masked the cute cat sitting on the cushion from the Furry Friends stamp set. I then masked off the cushion, and stamped a background from Woodgrain and More set, in Hickory Smoke Distress Ink, and sponging on the ink on only the bottom.


I carefully trimmed it out, and popped up the piece onto my watercolored background. Adding a sentiment from the set, as well as a few hearts from the Red and Goldie set, onto the background. For a finishing touch, I added some squirts of Glossy Accents.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!


5 comments:

  1. I love the smooshed background behind your beautifully colored images, Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! I LOVE the water color background! The color is so vibrant! Gorgeous!:)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS