Wednesday, January 20, 2016

MFT Color Challenge #37

Hey there!

I thought I would pop back in here tonight, and share the card I made for the latest color challenge from My Favorite Things. It is a lovely blue/green palette, which I have wanted to try, and I have to admit, I had a hard time with these colors.


When all else fails though, I bring out the florals! I adore them, and they always work with color combos! I also really wanted to use the Mini Modern Blooms set, which I just got, but I don't have the dies, and felt way too lazy to fussy cut them out, lol! Pathetic I know, so I just opted for the larger version.


I started with a striped background stamp, that is now retired, sadly, and white heat embossed it onto a panel. I then sponged on some mint ink along the sides, and popped it up onto a white card base using fun foam.


I stamped out a variety of flowers from the Modern Blooms stamp set, and die cut them out with the coordinating dies. I adhered them to my card front in a bouquet, and added a sentiment strip of vellum underneath, which uses the Thanks So Very Much stamp set. I also added some shimmer to the centers of the flowers using the Wink Of Stella glitter pen!

I hope you've enjoyed! Thanks so much for visiting with me. I will "see" you tomorrow for the next Share Joy Challenge!


Supplies:
Neenah Solar White, Vellum Craft Supply
Modern Blooms Stamp set, coordinating dies
Mint Julep, Cornflower Hero Arts; Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans Ranger; Ocean Drive Wplus9
White Heat Embossing Powder Hero Arts

2 comments:

  1. YOu did a GREAT job with your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Lindsay - love the way you have made the background and the flowers are gorgeous too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS